Yet another publication I am so proud of! Last weekend I woke up with joy to see both on Instagram and Facebook my photo “Manoym” was publish online Dark Beauty Magazine. Last year and the year before has been blessed years for me. This year it is starting off the same. Normally I let the model share the good news, but this model is not on Facebook so I shared it instead.
It was a wonderful surprise when I whatsapp the model with screen shots of both platform ratings. He told me congratulation and I told him no, congratulation to us! My dream has always been to be in Vogue magazine. I don’t know if I will ever make it but know what, I am going to enjoy the process trying!
Wishing you all a great week!
I have not been writing for a while due to life happening. I want to take a moment to wish everyone a happy holiday and a wonderful New Year! Let 2016 be all that you wanted out of 2015 and much more!
Below is a video I made of 2015. Some of the photos you will see in the video was in magazines publications this year. 2015 was truly a wonderful year for me with a lot of success. More than I could imagine. I am truly thankful for everyone who came into my life and helped me to where I have gotten so far. Forever grateful!
I am so getting use to Turkey and is enjoying many of the weird and awkward moments. There are so many places and things to see. My husband tell me to explore not only on the weekend with him but also in the week instead of doing boxes. I be darn if those boxes are still out by the time the New Year kick in! I want to see the beauty of this place and start inviting people over for dinner. I miss our little dinner parties.
Since I have been here, I have been doing street photography. I plan to make a photo book of Turkey for family members and ourselves in the future. I love street photography! Do you know when I first start taking photos it was street photography, nature, and objects. In Germany I was too busy and focus to do much street photography. Now I am taking the opportunity to do so and loving it! Like for example last weekend I did night photography. Night photography is the bomb! I love the illumination of the lights and the atmosphere.
I have so much photos that I am sharing on my Facebook photo page. I think starting tomorrow I will upload one photo everyday except for the weekend. I am not a weekend uploader. So if you are interested to see all that I capture behind the lens you are welcome to swing by.
Also last week I have been getting some nice emails of people interest in hiring me for weddings for next year and photo shoots for Christmas presents. Another a young lady who would like to assist me and learn at the same time. I guess like an internship. I was like wow. I wouldn’t knew all this if my web developer did not email me to check my business email. I had announce to everyone on my private page, public page, and etc that I will be moving here for three years. I was not expecting anyone to write me requesting to hire me for anything. Last week I felt good that people like my work enough to write me to hire me to take their photos. This was my highlight of last week.
With that said, I am about to start my morning with some boxes. Have a great week WordPress!
photo credit: http://vi.sualize.us/y_lips_lips_red_y_picture_D5xr.html
There is nothing wrong about feeling sexy when you are home alone, lol, I am so serious. I have told a few of my friends this and the first thing they did was laugh when I said that. Seriously, sometimes being at home taking care of the little one(s) or being a house wife can be depressing….some days. You can’t wait on people to give you happiness or to make you feel sexy. “You” have to do it for yourself!
My answer to that is get out the house and get some fresh air, go shopping, hang out with a friend, take the children to the park, or go exercise. All these activity would force you to put on clothing, make up your face and hair. But when stuck at home you are slumming around in your pajamas or nothing at all looking comfy crazy. My answer to that is girlfriend place on a sexy panty, if you like pantyhose place that on too or alone:) find a bra that make your breast say helloooo. Make your face up. Place some music on and do your hair. Spray on some perfume. Turn off your phones so no one interrupt your process. If you have a child set that child infront of tv show for 30 minutes (normally I am against this, but when mommy need time out to take care of herself do what you got to do that won’t harm the child). Place on a top with jeans that show your curves if not then a dress that make you feel sexy. So when you pass your reflection you smile at that hot momma you see! And when the hubby or partner come home they can go “wow, where did you went today” or just enter your home with a smile. Don’t forget accessories. Accessories accessories I will always say…bling bling, lol. Seriously do the complete look. Do it for you! Do it for your self esteem! Baby you are beautiful! No matter what size you are and what flaw you have. We are all human.
Quick note to guys, this note goes out to you too! The only difference would be groom yourself to how you like it, take time out for yourself, spray on some cologne. I would hate to say put on clothing. Because I find a man sexy in boxers and a muscle tshirt….hot! But put on what make you feel sexy and follow the rest of the direction above. You are worth it! You are hot!
Wishing you all a great sexy day and weekend!
Lora Victoria Fotografie
Today I cooked stuff bell pepper and a lot of filling (bulgar rice and mince meat) left over for tomorrow dinner to use with an egg plant, and the day after to eat with string beans. This is the first dinner I made since here when I don’t count the pot of instant soup, lol. Yesterday was the first breakfast which was egg, toast, and sausage.
Been a long day today but a good day. Tomorrow should be fun and interesting meeting up alone and chatting with new people. Nervous as usual but I am sure I will be okay. Good night WordPress
Turkey is truly another world. The organization is barely when when it comes to many things such as government buildings (I could tell you the story about my visa visit but I save that for another time when I actually do have a headache), driving, and so much more. But this post is not about organization. It is about people frame of mind. Not just in Turkey but all over to be quite blunt.
Bad experiences since I have been here:
- Taxi drivers who rip you off if you are trying to get one in the tourist area. When out the tourist area it is very rare.
- Recently, taxi driver who drop us off where we did not wanted to go and told us the store we are looking for is at the corner. (It was not…not even in the area!)
- Recently again, taxi driver who you tell where you want to go and give them the name and address of the place for them to say that they don’t speak English but continue driving. Ah hello….where are you taking us too then if you don’t understand us and barely looked at our phone for the information we was giving you?!?! Time to get out and find another taxi driver.
- Beggers who can’t take no for no but get mad when we don’t pay them for doing something we didn’t ask for. They don’t know they are messing with the wrong one.
- Today, lady who made me go for a swim when I got back home. Needed to throw my tension somewhere. Flower lady who I felt sorry for that I wanted to help because she looked like a honest worker and she was selling flowers and not begging. Great day today, heck this weekend. Felt good. Went over to buy two bunches of flowers. She trying to convince me of a bunch of white roses I don’t like. I know she is trying to make a sale so I said I take these yellow daisy instead. So still three. 10tl each bundle. Total of 30. Paid her 50 because I had no change. She gave me back 10. Asked nicely for the other 10. She looked at me like I must be crazy. That is all I am getting. I looked at her like yeah right. Translator guy came over. Explained. The darn lady showed the guy I gave her 15tl. I am like no I gave you 5…0..50tl and you gave me back only 10. You owe me another ten. Couldn’t keep my cool any longer so my ghetto behavior came out in which I did not care. I don’t like a thief. I told her if she did not give me back my money I am going to call the police. I am sure she understood the word “police” if not anything else. My husband yelling for me to come one and just let her have it. I am like, “NO!”. I want back my money she can have back her flowers. I don’t want to buy from a person who steals from me. Give me back my money. I know I was loud and people came around. But I did not care. Got back my money and left complaining as she did too to the translator. People kills me. They see a nice smiley person and think oh she is nice, she is not from here, I can take from her. Hell naw! I been raised up in the street as my husband said tonight. I can be so quiet, so professional, but cross me badly or test my integrity I show you my other side which is not lovely at all. I don’t like thieves. I don’t like people who are rude to people. I don’t like people who are out of order and think it is funny. My husband said this is why we could never moved or visit Brazil. In Brazil he would be worry about me daily. That is another story.
I was going to post a photo of shame but I did that on my FB page already and like I mentioned early I swam her almost out my system. Before I end this post I don’t want you to think Turkey is an awful place. It is just different and people are people where ever you go. This is just me pointing out my bad experiences so far. I have a lot of good ones in which some I have wrote about already. I am just a person who write how I feel in the moment. I tend to express myself much better then. Good night WordPress. Wishing you all a great start in the week.
These boxes are driving me nuts! I have a funny feeling they will be finish by the time the New Year roll in, no joking. Unboxing is not a problem but trying to organize and finding a place for all is not so easy. These are boxes for 13 years of togetherness and coming from always 5 bedroom houses/flat to now a two bed room flat that is pretty much open style. Throwing away so many things already even some props and backgrounds. Hoping someone find them and make good use of them. Still have tons more to go.
I have been trying to get in some exercise. Since I have been here I have been losing weight slowly which is great. With effort and none, lol. Tons of food here but am a picky eater. You would never know by looking at me. But I eat more junk then food. Here there are no junk food I am really into. Believe me I tried. Even my love for chips died here. Can’t find any salty chips. But funny thing is when I was in Germany for a few days last month I bought my salty chips on the first day and only ate a handful and threw away the rest. I was not into it anymore. I think this move will help me in many ways positively.
Yesterday I took a break from doing boxes and took selfies. I am typically not a selfie person. I enjoy taking photos of others and not so much myself. And when I do take photos of myself which is rare then I edit them, lol. The addiction of photoshop since digital cameras came out :) These photos were made from my cell phone. I don’t have any energy to unpack my camera gears and spread them in this mess. Those box will be the last boxes I will touch.
Wishing everyone a great week and weekend.
P.S. in two weeks I will be attending a fashion show if all goes well here in Turkey! Went to one in Paris and another in New York years ago so I am very excited!